Monday, May 25, 2009

The House on Mango Street

The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros is a collection of very short stories called vignettes. This book is about a young Latin girl living in Chicago and its only one hundred and ten pages...I know what your thinking -" Boy, a book full of short stories and its only about a hundred pages! I would love to read that!"
NO! I thought that too.

This book was so BORING. I thought I could read it in one night no problem and be done. However I read the first couple chapters and I nearly pulled my hair out from the horror. She tells little stories of her life but she NEVER explains fully. You never know what happens after. You never know how things start. It is so incomplete.

I would say don't read this book. However, if you are an eleven year old boy.. this book is awesome because my little brother LOVED it.

No comments: